Saturday, July 13, 2013

A little help cleaning your computer

I've put together a little help document (mostly to help out my brother) for using a simple, well known tool to clean your computer up a bit. I thought that I would share it here because it answers a question that I get a lot. "How do I clean up my computer?"

This isn't in depth coverage of an advanced topic and chances are that many of you are already aware of the usefulness (even for simple cleaning of files and the registry) that Piriform's Ccleaner offers. After all, the software has been around for some years now and has been the go to for many to keep their computer running a little smoother. On the other hand I have countless friends, co-workers, and the occasional person who want a little advise as soon as they find out I know anything about computers.

Besides all that. I like to create simple little docs that may help someone, somewhere - solve a problem and feel like they've accomplished something.

So here's the link -> Cleaner Basics

I hope that it is helpful to you, or someone you know. If your a super-wiz-IT-guru what doesn't understand the need for this little doc just keep it in mind when your favorite aunt calls for a little help. On the other hand if your the aunt of an engineer who doesn't have time to help you clean you computer - your welcome. I once had a professor who said everyone who uses a computer should know a few basic things about maintenance. Maybe this will help you get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An honest realization

Back Story For one of the companies that I work with I manage code developed by a predecessor. Some of it is great, but there is a great d...